July 08, 2011

Home Improvement Help.

So here I am, a day later than I said (which is totally normal of me) with a question that I really need some input on. Paint! I've painted all of our bedrooms in the new house over the last couple weeks which was pretty easy, as far as picking the colors go. Now I want to paint our Living room, which has been so much trouble! I've looked at so many colors my eyes are bleeding. I've even uploaded pictures to programs where I can test colors in our actual rooms needing to be painted and I'm still lost.

I can find colors I like but then I worry if it'll be terrible after it's all said and done. That alone would really suck - to paint an entire room and have to repaint it, our living room however would make that mistake 100 times worse. Here's why..

Our living room is kind of open, as in no part of it is enclosed and it shares a wall with numerous other parts of our home. It's completely open to the dining room and two sets of stairs and an upstairs hallway. So I have to pick a paint that I'd be able to live with throughout all of these rooms! There really isnt much of an option on not painting the conjoining rooms. help me. Any color suggestions (brand name/color) would be soo appreciated.

IMG_0438
heres a good view of 90% of the living room - see how one wall connects all the way to the stairs & hallway upstairs, and then there's the high entry way area.

IMG_0437
the view into the dining room (standing in the living room) see? all connected. there's no closed off area that makes it possible to have different colors or for it not to be weird to only paint the living room.

IMG_1346
A reference to the color of our furniture. They're a dark olive green. This is important to keep in mind so the walls don't clash against the couches.

IMG_1344
our living room curtains. Also important to keep in mind to make sure the room, decor, and paint have a cohesive look. There's little splashes of green throughout the curtain - it's just hard to tell in the picture. The red parts are making it hard to pick a color also.


so- any advice? I don't want to buy new curtains, These are fairly new. Just f.y.i

2 comments:

Ardent Lady said...

The one thing I thought of was "Accent Walls". You could go for some serious color on a small wall, and have a complementary lighter or more neutral color on the connecting and longer walls.

Baby shower favors said...

I think you should go for eye catching and lighter colors that would look great.