July 06, 2011

One of those days..

Today was one of those days - the kind that test your nerves repeatedly and when the day is done you find yourself actually surprised you didn't have any major meltdowns.

Our youngest who was potty trained before his second birthday (which is in February) was having such a great time playing on the couch beside me that he obviously didn't realize or pay attention to the fact he needed to use the bathroom. Yup. He peed all over the couch. The kid didn't even show any signs of needing to go or that he was going.. he just casually got up, looked at me with a concerned face and said "Pee on the couch, bad." I spent the rest of my morning scrubbing that out.

it stormed again. We're talking lights flickering/going out for a few minutes a couple of times today (including right in the middle of cooking dinner - with our electric stove) It has seriously stormed here every other day for the last few weeks a couple of those days we were also blessed with hail storms.

I have to finish painting the rest of our master bedroom. The walls are done, but I've also started painting the baseboards & trim and all the doors & door frames (its an old house, been empty a long while - so all the "white" paint is yellowish or just plain terrible) our bedroom stuff is spread from our room to the upstairs hallway until it's painted and it can be moved back. I hope that's soon because my toes cannot take anymore of me banging them on nightstands & such walking through the dark hallway at night.

Anyway that's the jist of my day today. No cute pictures or warm and fuzzy stories to share. However if you're here, reading this come back tomorrow, because I need a little home decorating help which I will post more on tomorrow. Seriously ladies , I need you because if I keep asking my husband for his opinions on house stuff we're going to be in trouble.

No comments: